Nerd..... what exactly is a nerd ? The dictionary term is someone who is stupid, but In most high schools and in movies its the guy you force to do your biology homework . So why is the definition different that what we label it is ? In school the smart kid was always called a nerd yet , he had the best grades and was on his way to a excellent college . But by Websters Dictionary he is supposed to be stupid or mentally retarded . So why did we start using this term in this manner ? Its just another word that people have taken out of context to bring someone down or hurt feelings ! Its like being called stupid or dumb , no one wants to be called by one of these names yet we still do it .
Ive been called a nerd many of times just for the fact I'm 18 and still like Star Wars , so what that I like it . Its not different than a grown man making a fantasy football team . I enjoy watching the movies there a good way to pass the time and they give you your childhood back . Enjoying having no worry's just being able to come home from school play with the action figures while you eat a snack and watch the movie .
I strongly dislike name calling , I just don't see the need for it . It hurts the people you care about or it affects a person you didn't think it would . The boy you told no one loves him he committed suicide , the girl you called fat now she doesn't eat she gags herself to loose weight by making herself throw up consonantly .
Names are just a way causing pain and suffering and we would be all the better if no one would use them in this manner of hate .
No comments:
Post a Comment